WELCOME TO THE AFCC WEBSITE
Professional Celebrants Providing Ceremonies
For All Occasions
The Australia Federation of Civil Celebrants (AFCC) is the largest national association of professional celebrants in Australia with almost 2000 members, Whether you're focused on weddings, funerals, namings, renewal of vows, commitments or any other ceremonies, our membership base and structure provides for representation, networking and learning across all aspects of celebrancy. AFCC members are authorised to professionally create and conduct marriage ceremonies, funerals, baby namings and a range of ceremonies for many other important occasions.
Your AFCC Celebrant:
- will work with you to design or choose a ceremony that meets your needs and reflects your wishes
- is committed to the highest standards of service, privacy and confidentiality,
- has an excellent level of Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance cover,
- has universal Copyright protection,
- has an Australasian Performing Rights Association (APRA) commercial music performance licence exemption,
- has a 'Code of Ethics' to which she/he is expected to comply, and
- has a vast store of resources and peer support to draw upon
About the AFCC
The AFCC encourages all members to maintain the essential qualities of professional celebrancy which are:
- obliging service
- privacy and confidentiality
- cultural awareness
- choice of ceremony
- dignity and
The AFCC is managed by a National Committee. The Committee elects Office Bearers comprising the President, Vice President, the Secretary and the Treasurer. The administration of the AFCC is managed via a portfolio system where all committee are assigned at least one portfolio to manage. All National Committee members are available to hear your views.
The AFCC is committed to providing Ongoing Professional Development to its members at a competitive rate. A National Conference is also held annually. While both are open to non-members, AFCC members receive significant price privileges. As a member of the AFCC you will network with like minds, and have access to a vibrant discussion forum covering topics of interest within the profession.
To get in touch with an AFCC celebrant of your choice, click on Find a Celebrant