The National Committee of the Australian Federation of Civil Celebrants Inc. is committed to the protection of personal information.
We will comply with all relevant legislation and the National Privacy Principles.
Among other things, this means that:
- We will collect personal information that is only necessary for fulfilling our business as a federation of civil celebrants, and conducting our business both with our members and with the public.
- We will be open and transparent in the way we collect information.
- We will use or disclose information only in ways that are consistent with our members expectations or are required in the public interest.
- Retained personal information from any source will be used and disclosed only in the provision of the Federation's business functions and activities. We will not sell or release personal information to any unrelated third party unless required by law.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold is accurate, complete, up to date and securely stored.
- Wherever possible we will let you access the information we hold about you. For security reasons you may be required to put your request in writing.
- If requested we may be able to deal with you anonymously.